This is so upcoming athletes can continue the momentum built during the Pacific Games.Currently there is only one site for the High Performance unit based in Port Moresby and Tkatchenko wants to extend that to the Sir Ignatius Kilage Sports Stadium Lae, and the Institute of Sport in Goroka.This is to ensure athletes in the Momase and Highlands region access the facilities.He said the Chairman and CEO of the Sports Foundation will be submitting a budget to help assist upgrade those other facilities to a high performance level.“We will be working on that over the next couple of weeks for the 2016 budget.”The sports ministry will also be building a brand new high performance center here in Port Moresby near the Sir John Guise stadium and Tkatchenko said that sporting complex which will supersede what we have already started at the Telekom properties in Boroko.“This is something that the Prime minister is very keen to support; everybody has seen the result from that High performance center and coaches for the different sporting codes. It’s produced a remarkable medal tally.”“It’s also made our athletes better than before, they’ve only had two years under this program and look at what they’ve achieved.“So imagine what 5 or 10 years is going to do for our future athletes when we continue this,” he added.Photo: Pictured are athletes in training at the High Performance center in Port Moresby prior to the Pacific Games.
For the second consecutive summer, in the offices of Real Madrid he will send the “let them out before entering.” In the current Zidane squad there are no free chips, all 25 are occupied, and to them we must add those of the 11 on loan. You can also discount that of Areola, who has a hard time following, despite that being his wish, in 2020-21. Nor is it decisive: the case is that for reasons of space and money, to sign you first have to sell, being able to be around, according to the values of the specialized Transfermarkt, the 121 million collected. eleven Also according to the appraisals of Transfermarkt, the club could get about 121 million euros in sales: 32 for Bale, as many for James, 16 for Lucas, the same as for Odriozola, 13 for Mariano and 12 for Nacho. In addition, these marches would make room for arrivals without jeopardizing the salary limit: around 75 million euros would be released … AS has said that the idea of Madrid is to give between four or five casualties, without counting on loan. They will be in the Bale market (you don’t want to go), James (Mendes listens to offers for him), Lucas Vázquez, Mariano (will not facilitate your goodbye) and possibly Odriozola (Achraf is expected to give his go-ahead soon) and Nacho. With the latter, a club man of those who no longer abound, it is intended to decide together. This course he had been playing less (641 minutes, with injuries; the 22nd of the team) and the incorporation of a central defender is sought to ensure relief, with Dayot Upamecano (21 years) among the favorites. A breather for the wage billAs the coronavirus has shaken the established order in soccer as it was known, it is difficult, also for the actors of this game, to predict how the next transfer window will work. Even the dates are not fully established. Transfermarkt, In its recent update, on April 8, it has already shown a great decrease in the figures: Madrid has devalued 191.5 million, 17.73%, due to the pandemic.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, (CMC):Superstar opener Chris Gayle made an inauspicious start to the Pakistan Super League with a failure but Lendl Simmons hit an unbeaten half-century to propel Karachi Kings to a seven-wicket victory in their opening game of the Pakistan Super League here yesterday.Sent in at the Dubai International Stadium, Gayle’s Lahore Qalanders managed just 125 for eight off their 20 overs, with the West Indies left-hander scoring just six.He perished to the fourth ball of the game, holding out too long on off-spinner Shoaib Malik with the score on six.Wicketkeeper Mohammad Rizwan top scored with 37 from 31 deliveries, while Sohaib Maqsood struck 22, to be the only two batsmen past 20.West Indies teammate Dwayne Bravo also failed to get among the runs, scoring a run-a-ball 14 before he was bowled by paceman Mohammed Amir in the penultimate over.Simmons then took command of the game for Kings, hammering an unbeaten 62 to guide them home with 25 deliveries remaining in the run chase.The right-hander faced 46 balls and counted eight fours and two sixes and put on 109 for the third wicket with Bangladeshi Shakib Al Hasan who made 51 off 35 balls with three fours and three sixes.Their stand pulled Kings around from a dangerous position of four runs for two wickets in the second over.Bravo proved expensive with his two overs of medium pace, conceding 27 runs and going wicketless.In the second game of the day at the venue, Jamaica and West Indies all-rounder Andre Russell took three wickets but his Islamabad United crashed to a 24-run defeat to Darren Sammy’s Peshawar Zalmi.Batting first, Zalmi tallied 145 for seven with opener Tamim Iqbal stroking a run-a-ball 51 with three fours and a six.Sammy, the West Indies Twenty20 captain, scored just ten before he was run out with three balls left in the innings.Medium pacer Russell claimed three for 31 from his four overs but then had no such luck with the bat, falling for a run-a-ball 12 as United crawled to 121 for nine.
A total of 33 high-end smartphones, credit and $1-million prizes are up for grabs this summer as Digicel officially launched its “Summer Grabs” promotion.On Saturday, the promotion was officially launched which saw the introduction of $700 top-up cards, which would be available from Monday.As part of the giveaways, when customers enter the pin number from any of the new $700 cards, a special letter or number will be sent to their phones. To win, they would have to obtain the letters G-R-A-B along with two other letters or numbers indicating the prize.To win a Samsung Galaxy S8, one would have to obtain the letter S and the number 8. Similarly for the Galaxy S9, the winning code will be the letter S and the number 9, and the letters I and X for the iPhone 10. For the cash prizes of $1 million, customers would have to acquire the number 1 and the letter M. In the end, six characters would be necessary to determine the reward.Representing the brand, Tamika Henry indicated that credit can also be won every time persons use the $700 top-up cards.“Every time you top up with $700, you get a chance to win $1000 credit back. Every single day, we’re giving 20 lucky customers $1000 in free credit.”The promotion ends on September 9 and one individual can win multiple prizes.“There’s no limit to how many times you can win, so keep topping up through this summer and you can win several times over.”
2 2 Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez face off as Portugal and Uruguay go head-to-head for a place in the World Cup quarter-final.Uruguay breezed through Group A, winning all three games without conceding, while Portugal were forced to settle for second place in Group B after draws with Spain and Iran. Portugal opened their World Cup campaign at Sochi – a 3-3 draw against Spain Ronaldo sits in joint-second place in the race for the World Cup Golden Boot, his four goals one shy of England’s Harry Kane.Suarez has two goals so far and will look to add to his tally while up against centre-back Pepe, who he knows all about from their El Clasico match-ups.When is Uruguay vs Portugal?This last 16 clash will kick-off at 7pm UK time on Saturday, June 30.The game is to be played at Sochi, in front of a packed-out 48,000-capacity crowd. Ronaldo’s phenomenal hat-trick against Spain proved crucial in the final group standings, sending Portugal through by a single point over Iran How can I listen?Click here to listen to our live commentary of all the action as it happens on talkSPORT.Who are the key players?No one has caused more controversy in recent World Cups than Luis Suarez. After using his hands to deny Ghana a last-minute winner in 2010, he then sunk his teeth into Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini four years later and earned himself a four-month ban. He claims he has calmed down for this tournament, and appears to be letting his football do the talking, with two well-taken strikes so far.Cristiano Ronaldo relishes the big stage like perhaps nobody else. His hat-trick against Spain in the opening Group B clash demonstrated just how unstoppable he is when in the mood, and Portugal have little hope without him in the side. After missing a penalty against Iran last time out, he has added motivation as he tries to catch Kane.What are the confirmed teams?Uruguay: Muslera, Caceres, Godin, Gimenez, Laxalt, Torreira, Vecino, Nandez, Bentancur, Suarez, Cavani.Portugal: Patrício, Ricardo Perreira, Pepe, Fonte, Guerreiro, William Carvalho, Adrien, João Mário, Bernardo Silva, Ronaldo, Gonçalo Guedes.talkSPORT are with listeners all day and all night at this year’s 2018 FIFA World Cup™ with over 800 hours of World Cup content and all 64 games live across the talkSPORT network.
Sinn Féin Donegal TDs Pearse Doherty and Pádraig Mac Lochlainn have today launched a bill that will reverse the Household Charge.Speaking ahead of the launch of the bill, Deputy Doherty said: “The bill, entitled Local Government (Household Charge) (Repeal) Bill 2012, aims to repeal the household charge and allow the Department to reimburse those households that have already paid it.“Sinn Féin will be tabling the bill during private members’ time in June. Meanwhile we intend to run a positive, proactive ‘Back the Bill’ campaign. This campaign will be inclusive and community-based. We will be using the next few months to lobby and encourage TDs from all parties, including government parties, to vote for our bill in June. “To date the household charge has been a disastrous episode for the government and in particular for Minister Phil Hogan.“Like the septic tank charge it will impose additional hardship on families across the County.Deputy Mac Lochlainn said: “The vote in June will give the Minister the opportunity to undo some of the damage his charge has inflicted on the coalition. Sinn Féin believes in strong democratic local government.“For local authorities to function, they require funding to provide services to the public. Hogan’s household charge will only drive a wedge between the local authorities and the communities they aim to serve. The Local Government Fund should be returned to 2011 levels. “I hope other parties, trade unions and community groups will support the bill and make the household charges history once and for all.”Meanwhile people trying to pay the charge online from Co Donegal today say the system keeps crashing, adding to the criticism of Minister Phil Hogan.A Letterkenny mother told us: “All I get are ‘error’ messages. I don’t want to pay it but I feel I have to – now I can’t pay it!±” DONEGAL TDs IN BID TO REPEAL HOUSEHOLD TAX LAWS was last modified: March 28th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DONEGAL TDs IN BID TO REPEAL HOUSEHOLD TAX LAWSSinn Fein
There has been widespread sadness in West Donegal and further afield following the death of Madgie McGee.Madgie (nee Boyle), from Upper Dore, Gweedre and formerly of Bunaman, Annagry, leaves behind a large circle of family and friends including grandsons Neil and Eamon from the Donegal senior GAA team.Her remains are reposing at her late residence at Upper Dore, Bunbeg. Funeral arrangements are to be confirmed later.The house is private from 11pm till 10am.Family flowers only with donations in lieu if desired to the Donegal Hospice c/o Shaun Mc Glynn, Funeral Directors, Dungloe or any family member. SADNESS AT PASSING OF MADGIE McGEE was last modified: August 27th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:deathdonegalGweedoreMadgie McGee
GAA: A blistering second-half display from Kilcar ensured a comfortable passage into the semi-finals of the Donegal SFC.Kilcar powered past the challenge of Four Masters with a clinical and ruthless second-half display after a very opening period.Played in utterly horrendous weather conditions both sides found it difficult to adapt early on and the early stages of the game were littered with mistakes with both sides guilty of poor handling and kicking. Kilcar were hot favourites going into the game and even though they won very well in the end – they didn’t have it all their own way and Four Masters were more than a match in the first half an hour.A brilliant goal from Ryan McHugh midway through the opening half was the score that separated the sides at the interval with Kilcar 1-03 to 0-03 ahead.Four Masters had the advantage of the wind in the first-half but they didn’t make it count and Kilcar were placed to kick on after the break.And that’s exactly want they did, further goals from Andrew McClean and Stephen McBrearty ensured a comfortable win for the men from Towney. It was an excellent display and Kilcar will be delighted to have 3-13 in such woeful weather conditions.Kilcar are the first team through to the semi-finals of the Donegal SFC.Final score: Kilcar 3-13 Four Masters 0-08DONEGAL SFC: SENSATIONAL SECOND-HALF DISPLAY SENDS KILCAR INTO THE LAST FOUR was last modified: September 12th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:newsSport
An Inishowen community group has hit out at dumpers who vandalised a community clothes bank in the area. The Fahan Community Group said bags filled with garden cuttings and household waste had been dumped in the clothes bank at the Fowler Hall in Tooban over the summer – only to be found when the recycling company came to collect.The local group receives a couple of hundred euro each time a full clothes bin is collected. The Heritage group, who use the money to put back into the local community, are currently working on the Fahan graveyard project where work on the restoration of the 7th century Mura’s Cross is continuing.It is understood that those involved left behind identifiable materials, a matter a group spokesperson said would be taken further if they didn’t stop.A spokesperson for the Fahan Community Group said: “We’re are asking the people involved to stop or the matter will be taken further.”Concern expressed as vandals spoil clothes bank in Inishowen was last modified: October 16th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:FahanInishowen