To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
The Jakarta administration announced on Wednesday a plan to make permanent the makeshift bike lanes from Jl. Sudirman to Bundaran HI as a preparatory measure to ease traffic after the COVID-19 pandemic.Jakarta Transportation Agency head Syafrin Liputo said the plan was expected to increase the number of Jakartans commuting by bicycle.”At the moment we are only using traffic cones [to mark the bike lanes], however we’re setting up a plan to make those lanes along Jl. Sudirman to Bundaran HI permanent,” Syafrin said on Wednesday as reported by kompas.com.He also expressed hope the new bike lanes could provide safety and comfort for cyclists in the capital city.”We plan to set up proper barriers along the lanes to guarantee safety and comfort for cyclists,” he said.Read also: Urbanites turn to bike riding to beat cabin feverJakarta has seen a significant increase of people commuting by bicycle since the COVID-19 pandemic started as some residents turned to cycling to cope with mental health issues arising from being forced to stay at home for a long time.The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) – a global NGO that promotes sustainable transportation and urban development – recorded a tenfold increase in the number of cyclists on Jl. Sudirman in Central Jakarta in June.”Based on ITDP Indonesia’s observations on June 11, the number of cyclists has increased by 1,000 percent on Jl. Sudirman between 6:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. on a weekday compared to the data recorded last year on Oct. 23 and Nov. 6,” ITDP Indonesia spokesperson Fani Rachmita said in a written statement on Sunday.The increased use of bicycles has also led the Jakarta administration to set up miles of makeshift lanes on Jl. Sudirman and Jl. Thamrin in Central Jakarta on Sunday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.The city administration initially planned to expand the bike lane network to 63 kilometers this year out of the planned 500 km throughout the city. However, this year’s program is likely to be scrapped, as Jakarta has altered the city budget in response to COVID-19. (nal)Topics :
Advertisement Advertisement Laurent Koscielny returned to France this summer (Picture: Getty Images)Laurent Koscielny was adamant that he would leave Arsenal over the summer and Bordeaux chairman Joe DaGrosa has explained how his decision to join Bordeaux ‘transcended wage issues’.The former Gunners captain refused to go on the pre-season trip to America with the rest of the squad as he forced through a move a year before the end of his contract.Having been a loyal servant to the club since 2010, the Frenchman’s strike action came as something of a surprise, having captained Arsenal in the Europa League final at the end of last season.However, DaGrosa has explained that it was partially the 34-year-old wanting to return to his home country, but also have assurances of his career after playing, with his family’s future in mind.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘It really starts with Laurent’s desire to come back to France,’ DaGrosa said, via Get French Football News.‘We were not the only club in France that he considered but Bordeaux was at the top of his list, but again, not the only one on the list.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘His desire was to return to France, and particularly to Bordeaux where he has family, in the region. I also think that this concerns this discussion on the subject of young players compared to more experienced players.‘Laurent Koscielny rightly thinks of his conversion and I think that Bordeaux presents a great place for him to stay in the world of football in the decades to come.‘We are therefore delighted to welcome someone of his level and experience, who has long-term goals with the club, after he has put an end to his sporting career.‘These are things we told him about, and I think that was reasoned in him, and it transcended wage issues. Where does he want to go with his family at the end of his career?‘So we convinced him and insisted that he came to a family, that he would feel at home, that he did not just come to a club.’Koscielny has started three Ligue 1 games for Bordeaux since returning to France, but it has been a slow start to the season for Paulo Sousa’s side, picking up five points from the first four games.MORE: Why Arsenal’s Europa League clash against Vitoria has been rescheduled by UEFAMORE: Samuel Umtiti discusses Arsenal rumours and bursts out laughing at Alexandre Lacazette’s transfer plea Bordeaux chairman explains why Laurent Koscielny insisted on leaving Arsenal Comment Phil HaighTuesday 10 Sep 2019 7:53 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link320Shares
Such requirements could have significant negative effects on IORPs, sponsors and members, he said.The Council of the European Union yesterday said it had agreed the revised EU directive for occupational pension funds with the European Parliament.Bouma said the association, which represents national associations of pension funds, welcomed the fact the IORP II Directive recognised IORPs were first and foremost institutions with a social purpose. “Considering the diversity of occupational pension systems across the EU and the central role played by national social and labour law, we are happy the member states retain flexibility to implement the IORP II Directive,” he said.PensionsEurope was also glad the delegated acts, which would pass many regulatory competences to EU level, were not included the legislation, Bouma said.Matti Leppälä, the association’s secretary general and chief executive, said the directive made the rules on IORPs’ cross-border activities clear. Even though the requirement for cross-border IORPs to be fully funded at all times was retained as a matter of principle, Leppälä said PensionsEurope welcomed the fact the possibility of being underfunded was now mentioned in the directive for the first time.“Furthermore, we are pleased that both transferring and receiving authorities have a role in cross-border transfers, their roles are clearly defined, and EIOPA’s (European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority) mediation is not binding,” he said.The modernised legislation makes pension funds better governed and more transparent, he said.“PensionsEurope is happy that the new rules are more principles-based than the European Commission’s original proposal, and therefore, they take better into account the diversity of occupational pension systems across the EU,” Leppälä said. PensionsEurope, the Brussels-based lobbying association, said it welcomes the modernised rules for pension funds under the IORP II Directive, which has now officially been agreed, and in particular the flexibility it allows member states in its implementation and its principles-based nature.Janwillem Bouma, chair of PensionsEurope, said: “I would like to warmly congratulate the EU member states, the European Parliament and the European Commission for finding an agreement on the modernised rules for pension funds.”He singled out the Dutch EU presidency and European Parliament rapporteur Brian Hayes for special thanks for taking on board many concerns that had been raised by pension funds.“In particular, PensionsEurope is pleased that the updated legislation does not contain new solvency capital requirements for IORPs,” Bouma said.
According to the police, Teruel – whofaces murder charges – had been hiding from them for almost 11 years. Benjie Teruel, 28, of Barangay Tabucan,Cabatuan was arrested in his residence on the strength of an arrest warrantaround 2:30 p.m. on Oct. 1, police said. ILOILO City – He was listed as the No. 3most wanted person in the municipal police station of Cabatuan, Iloilo. He was detained in the lockup cell of theCabatuan police station./PN
Batesville, In. — One Community, One Family now has the responsibility of updating lookupindiana.org/ . The website is a comprehensive listing of mental and behavioral health resources for Dearborn, Decatur, Franklin, Ohio, Ripley and Switzerland Counties.The staff would like any organization that would like to be on the webpage to call 800-284-8439 or submit the information online.
Joseph Bassett Burress III, 34, of Aurora, Indiana, passed away Thursday, April 19, 2018 in Aurora, Indiana.He was born March 20, 1984 in Louisville, KY, son of the late Joseph B. Burress Jr. and the late Deborah A. Schnur-Burress.Joey, as he was known by his family and friends, worked at the Frisch’s in Aurora, IN.He was a Mooseheart High School Graduate in Mooseheart, IL. (near Batavia, IL). He enjoyed watching DVD’s, fishing, the Bengals and spending time with his family and friends. He will be greatly missed by everyone.Surviving are his grandparents, Gordon, Sr. and Marian Schnur of Harrison, OH; uncle, Gordon (Nicole) Schnur Jr. of Erlanger, KY; aunt, Donna (James) Ritter of Springdale, OH; uncle Gary (Renee) Schnur of Mascoutah, IL; and several cousins.Celebration of Life Services will be held May 12, 2018 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm at Riverview Crossing clubhouse. 4900 River Crest Dr., Harrison, OH 45030. There will be a small service at 3:00pm.Contributions may be made to the Mooseheart Charities (155 S International Dr. Mooseheart, IL 60539). Please mark donation “In Memory of Joseph Burress (Mooseheart Operating Fund)” If unable to attend services, please call the funeral home office at (812) 926-1450 and we will notify the family of your donation with a card.Visit: www.rullmans.com
Mrs. Nancy Lavon (Miller) Jones, age 73, of Aurora, Indiana, formerly of Vevay, Indiana, entered this life on June 3, 1947 in Madison, Indiana. She was raised in Vevay, Indiana where she attended school. Nancy was united in marriage on September 5, 1966 in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. This happy union was blessed with seven children. Nancy and Clifford shared nearly 51 years of marriage together. Nancy was employed for Randall’s Textron in Vevay, Indiana and delivered the Cincinnati Enquirer Newspaper for several years. Nancy enjoyed spending time with her family. Nancy passed away at 2:16 p.m., Tuesday, July 28, 2020, at the Shady Nook Care Center in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.Nancy will be missed by her daughters, Connie Hussung of Aurora, IN, Angel Jones of Aurora, IN, Lisa Goff and her husband, Charles of Osage, OK, Terry Hickey and her husband, Lonnie of Sunman, IN, Rita Jones and her fiancé, Clarence Bilby of Dayton, OH; her son, Brian Allen Jones and his fiancée, Tonya Scott of Castleton, IN; her grandchildren, Gracelynn Earl and her husband, Gregory, Caitlyn Hite and her fiancé, John, Matthew Jones, Curtis Couch, Troy Keeton and Jonathan Jones; her step-granddaughter, Lisa Rybolt and her husband, Jeff; her step-great-grandchildren, Benjamin Rybolt and his companion, Sydney and Libby Rybolt; her step-great-great-granddaughter, Blaise Rybolt; her brother-in-law, Leonidas “Bud” Woodruff of Aurora, IN and her several nieces, nephews and cousins.She was preceded in death by her parents, Robert A. and Dorothy May (Bennett) Miller; her husband, Clifford Eugene Jones; her son, David Lane Jones; her granddaughter, Brianna Nicole “B” “Bree” Hite; her sister, Lavada U. Woodruff; her nephews, Jamie Craig and Tony Ray Woodruff; her aunts and uncles and her son-in-law, David F. Hussung.Due to COVID-19 and in keeping with the CDC guidelines, masks are required along with social distancing. Friends may call 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 5, 2020, at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street, Vevay, Indiana 47043.Due to COVID-19 and in keeping with the CDC guidelines, masks are required along with social distancing. Funeral services will be conducted Wednesday, August 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m., by Rev. Mike Jones at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043.Interment will follow in the Vevay Cemetery, Vevay, Indiana.Memorial contributions may be made to Mrs. Nancy Lavon (Miller) Jones Memorial Fund c/o Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home. Cards are available at the funeral home or online at www.haskellandmorrison.com
Obele Community High School, Randle Avenue, Lagos on Sunday emerged winner of the 23rd Howzat National Cricket Super League for Philip Asiodu trophy after a very competitive affair.The tournament which had five schools participating from the initial eight invited was staged on a round robin bases atAnsar-Ud-Deen Grammar School, Randle Avenue, Surulere, Lagos. The host school and Federal Government College, Warri, Delta played in the third place match, while Obele Community High School, and Liasabi Grammar School, Abeokuta, Ogun State slugged it out in the finals. Obele Community won the toss and elected to bat and went on to score 114 all out in 19.2 overs, while Liasabi Grammar High School scored 71 runs all out in 14.2 overs.Obele Community won by 43 runs.However, it was Liasabi Grammar School’s Dada Toluwalase that won the Man of the Match after bowling 2.2 overs.The first placed school was rewarded with N50,000, while Liasabi Grammar School and Ansar-Ud-Deen Grammar School, which placed second and third, went away with N30,000 and N20,000 respectively. Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Texas A&M fires coach Billy Kennedy, Buzz Williams ‘strong favorite’ to replace him, reports say Shaka Smart appears like he’ll be back on the Texas sidelines.The school is expected to bring back its coach next season even if it does not reach the NCAA Tournament, according to a report from the Austin American-Statesman, which cites multiple unidentified sources. Texas was widely praised for luring Smart away from VCU in April 2015, but he has had an up-and-down tenure with the school. He holds a 66-66 overall record and has never advanced past the first round of the NCAA Tournament with the Longhorns. The Longhorns have some big wins, including victories over Kansas, Purdue and North Carolina, but finished the season 16-16. A team with a .500 or worse record has never received an at-large bid.“If you’re going to evaluate teams based on the quality of their wins we definitely, I think, deserve strong consideration,” Smart said following the team’s Big 12 Tournament loss to Kansas. Related News “Remember, it’s about integrity,” Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte said, via the Statesman. “You can cut corners in search of more wins, but you must have integrity. Think about that during this process.”Smart has four years left on his contract, which is worth at least $12.9 million, according to the Statesman.