Oftentimes, credit unions and community financial institutions rely heavily on processors to handle claims and perform chargebacks. While this isn’t a problem in and of itself, it can result in a limited line-of-sight to chargeback performance. Join our discussion to find out our recommended methods to remedy this, and how best to implement them at your institution. ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr continue reading »
Press Association Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has joked that keeping calm in press conferences is one of the hardest parts of a manager’s job. “We are all human beings and when you play for your club not to go down, it is massive pressure.” Wenger admitted he himself has been close to losing his temper “many, many, many times”. “You know you have to control yourself and remain in control and polite and respectful,” he said. “But of course sometimes you feel that people are not respectful of you.” Hull manager Steve Bruce admitted there have been a number of occasions when he has said or done something he later regretted. He said: “I think sometimes, after a game in particular when you are disappointed – he has just lost a game – you have to come out and face the press and sometimes you find it quite amusing. “I think after games sometimes the emotion comes out and we have all done silly and stupid things you regret. “I have seen myself run up and down touchlines and you think, ‘Oh my God Steve what are you doing, have a bit of dignity and respect for your opponents’. “It has made fantastic headlines. It was great watching it at the time and I think we have all enjoyed it. I think even the reporter has enjoyed it as we all know who he is now, so fair play to him.” West Brom head coach Tony Pulis said managers had to find a way to deal with the pressures they are under. He said: “It’s a difficult job being a manager at a Premier League club. You have so many responsibilities and the weight of responsibility is on your shoulders. “It’s the first time Nigel has managed in the Premier League and he has done fantastically well so far. They have a great chance of staying up and getting out of trouble and a couple of weeks ago everyone wrote them off. “Nigel said what he said and he has to live by that. People deal with it differently. “We’re not all the same, thank God, and the thing is with Nigel is he is a very honest, up front sort of guy and wears his heart on his sleeve. “Those reactions don’t surprise me sometimes because he is that type of bloke.” Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew said: “Managers are in pressurised situations after matches. The circumstances were difficult for the manager, but he’s apologised.” He has since apologised but the incident has received considerable public attention and highlighted how media responsibilities are very much part of a manager’s work. Pellegrini, who won the Premier League title last season, has been famously calm throughout his two seasons at City but claims he was not always that way. The 61-year-old Chilean said: “It is the most difficult thing to do as a manager! “For me one of the most difficult things was to change my character, to try and be cool and understand that every journalist can ask what he wants – with respect of course – and the managers can answer what they want, with respect. “It is difficult. Maybe as a younger manager I didn’t control so much my character. Now I can do it because the years help me.” Pellegrini was speaking at a press conference to preview his side’s game at Tottenham on Sunday and he was not the only manager to be asked about one of this week’s major talking points. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admitted he could understand how the matter unfolded given the pressures of the job. He said: “I have sympathy (with Pearson), of course. He apologised and he knows he was wrong but it is not always easy to deal with these kinds of situations. Leicester manager Nigel Pearson this week made headlines when he called a journalist “an ostrich” in a bizarre confrontation after his relegation-threatened side’s loss to Chelsea. Pearson took exception to a question and suggested the reporter was either being “very, very silly” or “absolutely stupid”.
(BBC) – UNIFIED world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua said a health issue left him “tired” and “drained” in the build-up to his June defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr.Joshua, 30, reclaimed his world titles in Saudi Arabia on Saturday, dominating the Mexican over 12 rounds.Conspiracy theories had circulated after his initial defeat, one of the biggest shocks in heavyweight history.“I had some issue with my health which I was going through for a long time,” Joshua told the 5 Live Boxing podcast.The Briton added: “I didn’t know what was wrong with me. I felt so tired and drained and thought it must be down to training.“In the changing room before the fight I got a bucket of ice and was putting my head in it thinking ‘why do I feel so tired?’“The responsibilities of being world champion are difficult. All that stuff, feeling so tired, dealing with obligations.“Now I have energy, I haven’t missed a session.”He added: “After my check-ups it showed what the problem was and this is what you have to get sorted.“Even in this camp I had an operation done but as I’d started training in June I had no issues.”Joshua refused to say what the operation was but it is understood the procedure he had was linked to the issue diagnosed after his defeat by Ruiz.Joshua had hinted previously that he had something to reveal about what went on before his first career defeat and, after initial hesitation, provided at least some insight to the 5 Live Boxing podcast.Theories aired in the interim had ranged form him having shown the effects of being concussed in sparring to having a seizure before the bout at Madison Square Garden.He now says he feels “back” and “focused”.The two-time world heavyweight champion also said he learned a valuable lesson not to accept opponents at short notice – Ruiz was drafted in six weeks before their fight after American Jarrell Miller failed three drug tests.Joshua, who will return to the UK in the early hours of Monday morning with the IBF, WBA and WBO belts, was on the front of Sunday’s Saudi newspapers, alongside Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, who attended his fight.Despite widespread criticism of staging the bout in a country criticised for its human rights record, Joshua said he would “100%” be happy to return to the kingdom on holiday or to perform.Joshua is now expected to face either the WBO’s mandatory challenger – currently Ukraine’s Oleksandr Usyk – or the man in the same position with the IBF, Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev.He said he was no longer interested in calling out WBC champion Deontay Wilder for a historic bout with all four world heavyweight titles on the line.Chasing a contest with compatriot Tyson Fury was also dismissed as Joshua said he hoped to focus on one “hurdle” at a time.“Looking so far ahead it can be a blurry vision looking that far out,” Joshua told BBC Sport.“Sooner or later I will be looking directly at the undisputed championship of the world.“If the opportunity presents itself I will fight Wilder and Fury. Wilder has a fight with Fury in February. Once that is out of the way they can start mentioning my name.“I can’t keep on fighting all the champions, the best in the division and then other people who say they want to step up don’t step up.“All challengers are welcome to take on this current unified champion.”Joshua said to defend his belts “on home soil would be big news” after promoter Eddie Hearn revealed he had been in discussions over a fight at Tottenham’s new 60,000-capacity stadium, most likely against Pulev.“It would be mega,” Joshua added. “Looking at how many people came out here shows there is still a big interest in the heavyweight division, especially now we are taking the belts back.“Sometimes it would be better against a Brit, but if not I follow the mandatories and defend them that way.”
Facebook Twitter Google+ In the top of the eighth inning against Louisville on March 17, Head Coach Shannon Doepking challenged her shortstop, Neli Casares-Maher.“Do you want this at-bat?” Doepking asked after walking up to her.Casares-Maher accepted: “I want it.”Before that interaction, Doepking said she would sub the shortstop out in extra innings with the Cardinals and Orange tied at two. At the time, Casares-Maher was 0-for-3 with two strikeouts. But Doepking listened to the sophomore, who stepped into the box and hit the fourth pitch off the left field wall for a leadoff double. Hannah Dossett doubled in Caseras-Maher later in the inning and the Orange won 4-2.Casares-Maher is one of the quieter players in the Syracuse locker room, multiple players said, but those three words — “I want it” — represent her “lead by example” attitude toward softball.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe shortshop has missed 14 games in 2019, and Syracuse has scrambled its defense and lineup to replace her. Within a week of her return to the middle of SU’s lineup on April 19, Casares-Maher hit two home runs in a win over Binghamton last Tuesday. The Orange’s offense scored just nine runs in the four games prior to her return, but has rebounded to average more than six runs per game with the shortstop.Amy Nakamura | Senior Design Editor“She doesn’t say much,” Doepking said on March 20. “It’s hard to get her kind of get a read on where she’s at. Somebody with her caliber of athleticism, she’s super competitive … she’s uber-talented.”At a national softball tournament two weeks before coming to Syracuse, Casares-Maher collided with three other players in the infield and broke her foot.It was the first of multiple injuries that would set Casares-Maher back. In her freshman year at SU, she missed 19 games from a strained quad. Entering 2019, Casares-Maher played the first 26 games of the season before straining her calf against Boston College on March 23.Growing up in Orange, California, no one in her family played softball. Her closest older sibling, 28-year-old Tiffany, played soccer. Casares-Maher tried to join in, but soccer wasn’t for her — Casares-Maher preferred softball. Her parents didn’t know much about softball, but they signed her up for a co-ed league, and Casares-Maher started when she was five years old.“This little quiet girl who idolized her older siblings wanted to have her own identity,” her mother Sharon said.Unlike central New York, where former SU head coach Mike Bosch once said there are about “three good months” of softball, California regards softball as a year-round sport. Her tee ball team practiced once a week, but Casares-Maher constantly asked her parents to go to the field and practice. Her parents would spend time in the outfield, shagging balls as Casares-Maher hit them.Casares-Maher attended Mater Dei High School in California, a few miles from her home. As a freshman, Sharon said that Casares-Maher was under five feet tall. She was “skinny, tiny, little,” yet she finished high school with a .460 batting average.When the time came to find a college, Casares-Maher looked at schools exclusively on the east coast.“I wanted a new experience,” Casares-Maher said. “Coming here to this program brought something completely new, but there aren’t that many big adjustments.”Before coming to Syracuse, Casares-Maher and her mother, father, step-father and sister rented an RV to drive across the country. After dropping Casares-Maher off at SU, they planned to spend multiple weeks touring the country. Instead, they went straight home and Sharon cried the entire trip home.When Casares-Maher joined Syracuse alongside second baseman Gabby Teran, Syracuse started two freshman infielders. With Sammy Fernandez at shortstop, Casares-Maher spent most of her healthy time last season at third base. In 31 games last season, she hit .241 and had just six extra-base hits.Now under Doepking, in Casares-Maher’s second season, Casares-Maher has started 34 games, with a .284 average and a .930 OPS, second-highest of regular players. Only Alexis Kaiser has more home runs (6) than Casares-Maher’s five.“I’m not sure we’ve done anything,” Doepking said of how SU improved Casares-Maher. “You’ve just been able to see what she is capable of doing when she’s healthy.”When Casares-Maher missed 19 games this season, senior Alicia Hansen slotted in at shortstop. Now that Casares-Maher is healthy, she’s reclaimed her spot in the middle of the infield.Said Hansen: “Neli is hands down the best infielder I have ever seen in my life.” Comments Published on April 29, 2019 at 9:55 pm Contact Anthony: [email protected]
SBC Summit Barcelona – Digital unveils unrivalled speaker line-up August 19, 2020 StumbleUpon CEOs to share post-COVID-19 vision at industry’s biggest online conference March 26, 2020 Related Articles Share Share Submit SBC Summit Barcelona – Digital 2020 announces free ticket initiative July 21, 2020 Betcart is sponsoring Betting on Football 2017, the fourth edition of the largest international football and betting trade conference at Chelsea FC’s Stamford Bridge.Ahead of the 3-5 May event, we spoke to Natalie Berenato, the company’s Head of Marketing and Affiliates, about what she is looking forward to at the conference, what attracted Betcart to sponsor the event and the status of its application for a UK licence.SBC: Why did you choose to sponsor Betting on Football 2017?NB: We’re happy to be able to sponsor such an important event within our industry. SBC has been a pivotal partnership for us and we find these focused events a brilliant tool to not only catching up with our peers, but to be updated with many important key topics in the sportsbook industry.SBC: What are you most looking forward to at the conference?NB: Catching up with our affiliates as well as meeting new ones, of course we know that these events are attended by the top personalities in the industry. All the talks about the different markets will be of great interest and we’re looking forward to some professional and high-level comments from some industry experts.SBC: Ahead of sponsoring the UK-hosted #bofcon2017, what is the status of your application for a UK licence?NB: We will be able to update our suppliers and affiliates on the status of it before the conference.SBC: You previously stated that the “true gold” in affiliate partnerships lies in the quality of service and the relationships built; are there any specific affiliates that you are looking forward to meeting at Stamford Bridge?NB: We’re very open to collaborate with any affiliate that is willing to work hard with us to make our partnership a success. We’re focusing our 2017 targets in specific markets, such as Scandinavia, so it will be of interest to us to focus on those countries, but we’re looking forward to speaking to anyone interested in working with us!SBC: And finally, which parts of the conference agenda have caught your eye?NB: The market profile tracks talks will be highly interesting for us, and of course the networking at the end of each day!
The woman whose hand was severed– after being accused of stealing raw goldA Venezuelan national was air-dashed to Georgetown on Saturday morning after one of her hands was chopped off following an incident at a backdam in close proximity to Aurora Gold Mines, Region Eight (Potaro-Siparuni).The injured woman was only identified as “Tiffany”. Based on information received, the injured woman and her partner, along with a group of men, were consuming alcohol when an argument broke out over a missing bag containing a quantity of raw gold.The woman was accused of stealing the raw gold.“They had a fight over some gold which she allegedly stole from the man and then they left and everybody returned to their camp and then sometime during the wee hours of Saturday morning, the incident happened,” another worker related to Guyana Times.The individual, who asked to remain anonymous, related that the victim claimed that she and her partner were attacked by a masked man and chopped about their bodies. Her injuries were more severe than that of her partner.The woman, who is said to be 19 years old, has two children – a one-year-old and a seven-month-old baby.The injured teen was transported to Georgetown by the Aurora Gold Mines emergency plane and remains a patient in the Intensive Care Unit of the GPHC.The police reportedly moved into the area and ordered the miners to vacate the location. Efforts to obtain an update from E&F Divisional Commander Kevin Adonis were unsuccessful since he was not aware of the incident.