With the budget cut, both the PUPR Ministry and Transportation Ministry will have to tighten their spending on projects that are deemed nonessential. The ministries will also carry out more labor-intensive projects to help people who have lost their livelihood as a result of COVID-19.The PUPR Ministry has postponed the bidding process for Rp 7.8 trillion worth of contract packages for infrastructure development that were initially scheduled to be held in 2020. At the same event, Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi said the ministry’s 2020 budget had been reduced by about Rp 10.3 trillion, or 24.1 percent, to fund the mitigation initiatives. The budget cut affects all directorate generals under the ministry.“We are refocusing our budget toward projects that have a significant and direct impact on the people. We understand that the spread of COVID-19 is affecting our social and economic condition,” he said during the online meeting with lawmakers.On March 20, Finance Minister Sri Mulyani said the government would reallocate Rp 62.3 trillion of state spending from the 2020 budget to finance COVID-19 mitigation efforts in the health sector and the distribution of social assistance and relief funds for companies affected by the disease.Sri also asked ministries to delay big-check spending to allow more room for fiscal intervention in light of uncertainties surrounding the outbreak this year. The delayed projects include an irrigation rehabilitation project in Pidie regency in Aceh, the construction of the Sp. Tohpati – Tjokroaminoto bridge in Denpasar, Bali and waterfront renovation project in Pariaman, West Sumatra.The ministry has also converted Rp 14.6 trillion worth of single-year contract (SYC) packages into multi-year contract (MYC), which enables the government to extend one-year construction projects and disburse its payment in the following years.In addition, the PUPR Ministry has also allocated Rp 1.8 trillion to fund COVID-19 mitigation programs and labor intensive projects.“A total of Rp 1.8 trillion in reallocated funds is used to construct emergency hospitals, procure pandemic mitigation necessities for all 44,000 PUPR Ministry employees, and to fund labor intensive programs in all 34 provinces,” Basuki said.He added that the labor intensive projects would be initiated in 2,865 locations, and were expected to employ 78,000 people for around 30 to 100 days.Similar to the PUPR Ministry’s initiatives, the Transportation Ministry has also cut down on spending for all directorate generals to raise about Rp 5.9 trillion for labor-intensive projects.The ministry’s Railways Directorate General booked the largest cut with Rp 4.7 trillion taken from its initial budget, followed by the Air Transportation Directorate General with a Rp 2.1 trillion cut and sea transportation with a Rp 1.9 trillion cut.“The Railways Directorate General has had the largest budget cut because it has issued a series of Sharia sovereign bonds (SBSN) that we could extend over multiple years,” Budi said.The ministry has also extended Rp 2.7 trillion worth of MYC projects and delayed Rp 4.7 trillion worth of projects and programs as part of the budget reallocation program, the minister added.Besides cutting down on spending, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo also issued a regulation in lieu of law (Perppu) on March 31 that would enable the government to widen the state budget deficit threshold to about 5 percent of GDP from 3 percent at present. With the higher threshold, the government has more room to raise debts to finance the budget.The government has allocated extra spending of Rp 405.1 trillion for the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. Of the total funds, about Rp 75 trillion will be spent on the health sector, Rp 110 trillion on social protection, Rp 70 trillion on tax incentives and Rp 150 trillion on the economic recovery program.Topics : The Public Works and Housing (PUPR) Ministry and the Transportation Ministry have had their 2020 budgets slashed by a combined total of Rp 54.8 trillion (US$3.6 billion) as part of the budget reallocation program to finance the government’s COVID-19 mitigation effort and economic stimulus, ministers said.The PUPR Ministry’s budget has been reduced by Rp 44.5 trillion from its initial amount of Rp 120.2 trillion, Minister Basuki Hadimuljono said during a virtual hearing with House of Representatives Commission V on May 11.The budget cut affects a number of the ministry’s non-key activities such as official travel and meetings, he said, adding that a number of infrastructure projects that had not been put out for tender, had also been delayed.
Published on February 24, 2014 at 12:48 am Syracuse was unable to clinch a winning trip to Cathedral City, Calif., despite winning the first two of its five games in the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic softball tournament. SU (4-6) opened up tournament play with a 7-5 victory over University of California Davis (5-13). Senior outfielder Shirley Daniels hit her first home run of the season and junior second baseman Julie Wambold hit a go-ahead two-run home run in sixth inning to give SU a lead it wouldn’t give up. Freshman pitcher Sydney O’Hara collected the win, pitching two and two-thirds innings of relief and struck out six of the 11 hitters she faced. In the nightcap of the doubleheader, the Orange staved off a late comeback attempt by California Polytech (7-9) in a 3-2 win. AdvertisementThis is placeholder textWambold hit her second home run of the day, this one a solo shot, to put her team up 3-0 in the fifth inning.Freshman pitcher Christina Clermont notched her first collegiate victory, with her only blemish in six innings of work a two-run home run by Mustang freshman pitcher Sierra Hyland. Clermont’s freshman pitcher counterpart, O’Hara, pitched a perfect seventh inning to close out a perfect 2-0 start to the tournament for the Orange.Syracuse looked to carry its momentum into its third game of the tournament against defending-champion No. 13 Oklahoma.One out away from getting through the first inning unscathed, a two-run double and a wild pitch set the Orange back 3-0. The Sooners wouldn’t relinquish the lead, winning 6-2.Sophomore outfielder Riley Johnson provided all the offense for SU on the day, smashing her first home run of the season and providing an RBI single into right field to keep a seventh-inning rally alive that ultimately fell short in the losing effort. In last season’s Mary Nutter Classic, SU lost to then-No.17 Stanford in a close 2-1 battle. But on the third day of tournament play, Syracuse came within two outs of beating No. 11 Stanford.An error on junior pitcher Lindsay Taylor in the seventh inning allowed the tying run to come across and score, and the Cardinal scored six runs in the top of the eighth inning to beat Syracuse 11-5.In the last game of the tournament, SU was one out away from victory. Three consecutive hits with two outs in the bottom of the seventh inning brought across two runs to score and secured a 7-6 victory for Long Beach State (9-5). Five different Syracuse players collected an RBI, with Daniels, Watson and freshman catcher Nicole Lundstrom each collecting two hits.Sophomore pitcher Lindsey Larkin was tacked with the loss, yielding two runs in three and one-third innings.Syracuse travels to Kissimmee, Fla. for the Citrus Classic-ESPN Rise tournament for five games next weekend.compiled by Connor Grossman, staff writer, [email protected] Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. There are no comments posted yet. Be the first one! Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Submitted to Sumner Newscow â€” The City of Wellington is allowing the discharge of fireworks starting Friday, July 1 within the city limits. The hours will be 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. July 1 through July 3, 10 a.m. to midnight on July 4.Â Retail sale hours are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. July 1 through July 4.Wellington Fire Chief Tim Hay has released the following Firework Regulations and Safety information:Â Always purchase high quality fireworks from reliable and legitimate sources:Always read and follow label directionsHave an adult supervise all fireworks activitiesAlways ignite fireworks outdoorsHave water nearbyNever experiment or attempt to make your own fireworksLight only one firework at a timeNever re-ignite malfunctioning fireworksNever give fireworks to small childrenStore fireworks in a cool, dry placeDispose of fireworks properly, preferably in a bucket of waterNever throw or shoot fireworks at another person or at vehiclesNever carry fireworks in your pocketNever shoot fireworks in metal or glass containersBe respectful of your neighbors and pets.No discharge of fireworks at Wellington Lake.In addition, bottle rockets and M-80s are dangerous and illegal in the state of Kansas. The use or sale of these banned fireworks is considered a crime under Kansas law.Follow us on Facebook.Follow us on Twitter.